Sunday, January 20, 2013

Hockey Keeps Me Going

As I mentioned in my first blog, participating in sports is what helps me deal with muscular dystrophy. The sport that I love to play is Power wheelchair Hockey, which I have been participating in for 11 years. In the beginning I was not interested but since then I look forward to playing every Saturday. It's more than about hockey, it's about people with disabilities (or diffabilities as I call it) coming together with the passion to compete and have fun. It's also a great way to make new friends and learn to work as a team towards a goal.

The league I play for is the Toronto Power Wheelchair Hockey League (TPWHL), we play at Sunnyview Public School at 450 Blythwood Road (Bayview & Eglinton) from 12:30pm to 3:30pm on Saturdays. It's open to girls and boys, ages 18 and up. My team is the Falcons, and I will be providing Game Summaries of my team's games.


No comments:

Post a Comment